After being closed for retreats for the last 13 months, we are thrilled to announce that we are offering a variety retreat opportunities for you this summer and fall.
- We are offering 2 weekend retreats this June introducing Grief Work for Activists.
- We are also scheduling retreats for the summer and fall. Inquire about scheduling a retreat here.
- For more information on new retreat offerings as they come online, as they emerge, please join our newsletter.
We can’t wait to see you!
This Past Year at Watershed
In lieu of residential retreats this past year, our Watershed staff deepened our commitment to our local community. We helped to organize a local Millerton Community Care Network, and through this network we produced hundreds of masks, bone broth, and bread for our community. We offered healing circles and yoga. We provided support for the creation of a local food pantry and for local mobilizations around the Movement for Black Lives and the election.
We received a generous donation of 20 very large and deluxe tents and offered camping retreats to frontline workers, organizers, and artists free of cost. We called these retreats Frontline Revival – Seriously Socially-Distanced Retreats for Rest, Restoration and Revival. While different from our residential retreats, our staff put a lot of love and energy into making sure everyone felt comfortable and well held. We also planted a medicinal garden alongside the yurt and built a stunning new waterfall trail. We can’t wait to show them to you!
Support our Fiscal Sponsees
We are have been tremendously proud to be able to support the timely and essential work of our fiscal sponsees. We invite you to consider supporting them too.
- Dissenters is a new national movement organization that is leading our generation to reclaim our resources from the war industry, reinvest in life-giving institutions, and repair collaborative relationships with the earth and people around the world.”
- InMyWords is a youth-led campaign to reimagine justice and healing for all sexual harm survivors and to fight for solutions at the scale of the problem.
- Project Truth, Reconciliations, and Reparations is building a people-powered, intersectional mass movement to surface the origins of our inequalities and dismantle the policies and narratives that keep us divided, and push for reparations that will heal our relationships and our democracy.
- Prutehi Litekyan: Save Ritidian (PLSR) is a native and women-led organization fighting to protect Guam’s natural and cultural resources from an aggressive wave of US militarization.
- Relational Uprising supports communities and social movements to foster resilient, interdependent, relational culture of complex connection and inclusive collaboration. A culture that strives to align with the life protective principles of our ecology.”
- Rock Steady Farm is a LGBTQIA+ owned and operated cooperative farm, rooted in social justice, growing sustainable vegetables sharing land with Watershed.
- Root Rise and Pollinate is a strategic project to catalyze and nurture a transnational community of feminist human rights advancers, organizers and movement builders using embodied practice for social transformation.