We booking organizational retreats for the Summer and Fall of 2021inquire about holding a retreat at Watershed
Included in our Retreats:
- Food: Three farm-sourced meals a day, snacks, teas and good coffee;
- Sleeping: A mixture double and multiple occupancy rooms with sturdy single and king-sized beds, bedding and towels;
- Meeting: A 750 square foot heated meeting yurt, a 450 square foot meeting room, additional breakout rooms, white boards, easels, AV equipment, and yoga props.
- Recreation: Full enjoyment of our campus, which includes our hiking trails, boating lake, waterfall, tennis/basketball court, ping pong table, reading room, campfire and vegetable farm.
- Accessibility: The majority of our center is wheel chair accessible and we are committed to accommodating a wide range of needs. Just ask.
- Capacity: Our summer accommodation capacity is 40 with additional offsite sleeping possibilities. Our cold season capacity is 30, and with additional offsite accommodations.
Additional Services: In addition to our facilities, we offer a wide range of facilitation and educational opportunities, including designing and facilitating your entire retreat. Some of our offerings include:
- Organizational Development and Facilitation Services (See Services)
- Morning Yoga and Meditation
- Farm Tours
- Guided Hikes
The Watershed Center has a warmth that’s hard to put into words. While our organization was on retreat, we felt like we were actually a part of Watershed, and it was a part of us. I haven’t experienced anything quite like it at any other retreat center. It’s a home, a community, and a vital institution for our movements.
–Yotam Moram, The Wildfire Project
During my time at the Watershed, I felt like the two halves of me (who had barely shook hands before) met and united as one. The food was nourishing, the space was comfortable and the people welcoming. Epic and life changing!
– Sara Kendall, Kites Nest
Translation Needs: If your group needs Spanish translation while at Watershed, we suggest reaching out to Caracol Language Coop, a translation and interpretation worker cooperative that works with hundreds of organizations working for justice in the NYC area and beyond. More about Caracol:
Caracol Language Coop. opens multilingual channels of communication to ignite language justice in our community. We work to create a world where language is not a barrier for exchange, but a helpful tool that can be used democratically to communicate, learn and strategize together.
La Coop. de Lenguaje Caracol abre canales de comunicación multilingüe para encender la llama de la justicia de lenguaje en nuestras comunidades. Trabajamos por un mundo donde el idioma no sea una barrera para el intercambio, sino una herramienta de uso democrático para comunicarnos, aprender y crear estrategias juntxs.